Sunday, March 1, 2009

Second Time Around..

My journey began five months ago when I was out with my girls getting milk shake at Chick Fil A.
Soila, being the friendly, outgoing girl she is, picked up a conversation with another little girl in the indoor play area. A few minutes later she was back to tell me that her new friend was exactly the age as my second daughter, Nina. They hit it off instantly and so as they played, we mums got together to chat. We exchanged phone numbers and found we were almost neighbors.
We met up a week or so later when she introduced me to a wonderful line of pure and natural skin care and I was hooked. Then she shared with me the business opportunity.
I had had a previous - and unproductive experience with network marketing, or multi-level marketing as it is also known - so initially was wary. I decided to examine what had gone wrong. My conclusion: I fell for the seduction of flexible time and financial freedom promised by the venture, but was not given the tools of the trade. I did not study the marketing model.
Thanks to a wonderful company and sponsor, this second time is a different experience altogether.
I'd love to hear from other bloggers in the business.

3 comments:

Dan Luther said...

Hi Amba;
Glad your 2nd time is going better ! MLM is a wonderful business with endless possibilities!
Feel free to check out my blog for 25 years of experience and it won't even try to "recruit" you! Here's wishing you great success in 2009!

Amba said...

Thanks Dan. I wish you the best too

Shavonne said...

Hi Amba,

I recently ventured into MLM (for the third time). For school, I did some research on MLM, particularly AVON, and found MLM to be legitimate business and it's recession proof, but it won't bring instant riches. A lot and time and effort goes into building an MLM business.

Is there any reason why you won't refer to your company by name? I already know what it is, I've come across your blog before and visited your MLM Web site. - Shavonne

Post a Comment